Gas Fitting Installation & Maintenance
Allfix Plumbing and Gas are experienced in all areas of Gas Fitting Installation and Maintenance. We are licensed and carry full insurance. Therefore, with a wealth of experience we are able to install your new gas service, or repair your appliances.
It is important that your appliances are well maintained to avoid gas repairs or gas leaks. Similarly, a properly maintained service will not only save you money but it will keep you safe.
If you have a concern we can pressure test your system and check your appliances to give you peace of mind. Equally, Allfix Plumbing and Gas carry a range of common spare parts to suit most appliances..
LPG GAS - The Gas Source for FNQ
Whilst Far North Queensland can not access Natural Gas, the alternative in LPG Gas has a wide range of benefits
- Households and businesses can more than halve their Green House Gas emissions by using LPG instead of electricity for water heating. LPG Gas is an environmentally friendly fuel.
- Gas water heaters are cheaper to run than electric systems therefore better for your bank balance. LPG Gas is a good option.
- Its portability makes LPG the fuel of choice for rural areas such as FNQ. LPG is convenient and economical for homes in FNQ
- As LPG Gas burns consistently it makes it more reliable that other fuels.
- LPG Gas contain low sulphur, low pollution means cleaner fuel.
- With the escalating cost of electricity, it is worth exploring cooking with LPG particularly if a commercial kitchen.
- Our preferred LPG Gas Hot Water Service is Thermann. Contact Thermann or Call Reece Plumbing Atherton
Gas Repairs and Gas Leaks
Safety Around Gas
As with most appliances it is important that they are regularly serviced, maintained and inspected for gas leaks. Carbon Monoxide is a by product of burnt gas and if your appliance is faulty, this can be a dangerous situation. Carbon Monoxide can be lethal as it cannot be seen and has no smell. Incorrectly installed gas appliances and gas leaks can be extremely dangerous.
It is extremely important to ensure that your gas service and installation has no gas leaks. Equally, it is important that your appliances are regularly checked for faults. If you smell gas turn off your supply immediately. We are fully licensed and insured
for Gas fitting installation and maintenance.
We are licensed to install all gas appliances this can include. A new hot water service can be either instantaneous or storage type. We can also install you new gas stove. Once your installation is complete, a compliance certificate will be issued along with a compliance plate.
For further information check out Thermann Continuous Flow
Hot Water Systems
Safety with LPG Gas in the home and business
- If you know you cant smell gas, have a problem with a sense of smell, or similarly looking for peace of mind, then consider installing a gas detector.
- When gas is detected, an alarm goes off, much the same as a smoke alarm.
- Some people cannot smell the odorant added to LPG Gas. Either due to illness or continued exposure to the smell. You may have a gas leak, hence another great reason to have a gas detector.
- The odour added to LPG Gas is designed to STINK!! This makes it easy to detect when there is a gas leak. Similarly, this is important as LPG is colorless and highly flammable.
- LPG gas smells like rotten eggs, due to suppliers adding a chemical called Ethyl Mercaptan.
- If you suspect a gas leak. Turn off your supply immediately at your gas bottles and call Allfix Plumbing and Gas asap
Safety with Gas Heaters
In winter gas heaters are great for keeping warm, but sadly they can be dangerous if not maintained properly. They can leak carbon monoxide if they are faulty. As you cannot see or smell carbon monoxide, it can be lethal. It can cause chronic illness or death. Even newer appliances can cause poisoning, and this can happen in any home or commercial building with a gas heater.
Gas Compliance Certificates & Compliance Plates
What is a Gas Compliance Certificate? – A gas compliance certificate confirms you have gas and gas appliances installed to your premises by a qualified licensed gas fitter. Therefore, the work complies with relevant QLD standards
Who provides gas compliance certificates? Only qualified and certified gas fitters can supply a gas compliance certificate. A certificate must be issued within 30 days of any gas installation, modification or extension being completed. Allfix Plumbing and Gas are fully licensed to do this.
Why do you need a Gas Compliance Certificate? If you are undertaking any of the following gas work you must ensure you are issued with a gas compliance certificate, as this states it is safe to supply gas to your property.
- When gas is connected to your premises for the first time.
- The installation of a new gas pipe, for example gas hot water
- New gas appliance installation or replacement, – stove, hot water system, cook top
- Re-connecting gas to your building
What are Gas Compliance Plates? When a gas installation is complete, the gas fitter MUST give the owner the original copy of the gas compliance certificate. The compliance plates must be engraved with the following. Plates are usually fixed to the internal door of the electricity meter box.
- Licence Number of the Gas Work installer
- Date of the installation
- Gas Compliance Certificate Reference Number
- The types of gas devices connected. Each device has a code.
What is a Gas Defect Notice? If a licensed gas fitter has any concerns, that your gas installation does not comply with safety requirements a defect notice must be issued. Moreover, if there is imminent risk to life or property again a defect notice must be issued immediately
Gas Work Undertaken By Allfix Plumbing and Gas
Allfix Plumbing and Gas can carry out a wide range of gas fitting work
- Gas connections
- Meter advice
- Leak correction
- Fault detection
- Repairs, service and installation
- Safety inspection of appliances
- Cook top installation
- Pipe work
- Gas connections
- Carbon monoxide detection and advice
- Service and installation on heaters
- Installation of hot water units for external and internal
- Gas fitting line repairs and installation
- Barbeque installation
Allfix Plumbing and Gas - Servicing all areas of The Tablelands
At Allfix Plumbing and Gas, we understand that Gas problems can happen at any time and anywhere. We also know the importance of providing efficient and prompt service to the areas we cover.