Prevent Blocked Drains with CCTV Camera Inspections
Latest Ridgid SeeSnake Technology with Tru Sense
Why are CCTV Camera Inspections so important?
Camera Inspections are critical if you are experiencing a drain blockage. Our latest CCTV Camera technology allows for rapid fault detection. In addition, the camera produces a detailed digital image so that that the fault can be clearly seen.
Similarly, the camera allows for an accurate placement of the problem. Therefore, there is minimal disruption caused during the repair process.We can inspect any drain, whether it is at your home, business, or commercial premises.CCTV Inspection Cameras quickly identify and diagnose any drain issues.
Diagnostic Camera – Reasons to undertake an inspection? CCTV Camera clearly identifies what is blocking your drain. In addition, it assists with finding the exact location of the blockage. Usually, the cause is associated with one of the following issues.
- A damaged or fractured pipe – Our CCTV Camera inspection can assess the extent of the damage. This allows us to provide a cost effective solution to repair / replace the section of pipe
- Collapsed pipe – A pipe can sag / collapse if the surrounding earth has eroded. Alternatively, if the pipe was incorrectly laid. As a result, water and other solid materials are prevented from correctly draining through the pipe
- Tree root blockages – When conducting a CCTV Camera inspection, the connected monitor can produce a clear image. This shows whether the blocked drain can be effectively cleared by our high pressure hydro drain Jetter. If the damage is too serious, the section of the blocked drain will need to be replaced.
CCTV Inspections Allfix Plumbing and Gas can undertake – domestic or commercial
- Bathroom / Laundry / Kitchen
- Sewer Inspection
- Storm water drain inspection
- Various survey work
CCTV Camera Drain Inspections – How do they work?
Our inspection technology allows us to take the guess work out of the equation. We can quickly target the source of a blockage, locate damage and diagnose problems.
The Ridgid SeeSnake Camera has a specialized digital camera attached to a cable. Furthermore, when inserted into the drain it inspects the entire length of the problematic drain. Initially we unblock your drain with our high pressure drain jetter. In conjunction with the jetter, we use a CCTV Diagnostic camera. This camera can positively identify the cause of the blockage. Whilst our scout locator can pinpoint the exact position of the blockage cause from above ground. The benefit of this, is that time is not wasted and the amount of excavation is minimized.
How to prevent drains blocking?
Drains and especially sewer drains can block for many reasons. The worst culprit is tree roots.
- The level of infestation is in part dependent on the tree type and trees planted in close proximity to sewer drains.
- Figs, for example, have extremely invasive root systems and can actually crush any pipe.
- Generally, the infestation starts with very fine roots. In time, they find a weak spot in a joint or incorrectly jointed fittings in the drainage system.
- Once the fine roots increase they use the nutrients in the waste matter to increase in size. Eventually this breaks or crushes the drain.
- Roots keep multiplying until there is a solid blockage
The Latest Ridgid SeeSnake Diagnostic Camera with Tru Sense Technology
Allfix Plumbing is equipped with the latest diagnostic camera which is capable of going 61 metres and up to 200 mm diameter drains.
- The SeeSnake provides down pipe visibility. Equipped with High Dynamic Range this allows for clearly defined details of the pipe’s characteristics.
- Exceptional viewing and images can be provided. This is due to the rugged camera head having high intensity LED lights
- Within the camera, there is a self leveling function that keeps the image upright, to deliver an accurate picture
- A powerful “sond” is located in the camera, which works with the locator to pinpoint the position of the problem
- The camera has Tilt Sense technology which allows identification of the cameras pitch in the pipe. This allows identification of any sagging in the drain
The Latest CS6V Versa Monitor with blu tooth function
The CS6V Versa Monitor couples perfectly with the SeeSnake to give a high definition image of the inside of the drain.
Once the cause of the blockage is identified the image can be uploaded to a USB. Alternatively, it can be sent directly via WIFI to the client. It also has the ability to be uploaded at a later date. This enables a detailed report to be sent to the client.
The Ridgid Scout Locator
The Ridgid Scout Locator pinpoints the position of the diagnostic camera. This is done by using the sond which is embedded in the camera head. The blockage can be located both laterally and indicates the depth of the issue.
Once the issue has been located this enables excavation of the drain, if required for permanent repair. Hence saving time and cost. .